Bird ballad suite.

Bird Ballad Suite 
Hello.
I am sharing two cards I made for a challenge I was part of last week. We were asked to use the Free As a Bird stamp set which is beautiful on its own and part of a gorgeous Suite of coordinating products.
The Designer Series Paper from the stunning Perennial Essence Suite made a bold background for the Bird Ballad Laser cut card bases on the first example
Twelve Very Vanilla card bases and twelve scallop edge envelopes come in a lovely leaf printed tin.
For something a little different, I gently sponged the front of the laser cut base with Sahara Sand and Pool Party inks and trimmed out the centre of the panel so my sentiment can be seen through the window.
I adhered an acetate window sheet to the inside of the front panel for stability and also to balance the weight of the card as the inside back panel is lined with the DSP so would be heavier. 


























Using blends and colours selected from those used in the Bird Ballad Designer Series paper, I coloured the birdies on the branch and adhered them to the panel with tiny drops of liquid glue.

I die cult a folded piece of Very Vanilla card stock with the stitched circle die slightly offset so I had a little hinge on my sentiment piece. I can write my personal message inside. 

Thanks for Understanding from the Vibrant Vases stamp set was stamped twice in the Stamparatus using  Blueberry Bushel ink. I cleaned the stamp and using Ver samark ink, I re-stamped twice and applied clear embossing powder before heat setting it. 


This second example uses the die cut card base as it comes. The vibrant Bird Ballad Designer Series paper is adhered to the inside front of the card base.


The reverse side shows on the inside of the front. These papers are so pretty. The sentiments used are from the Everything Is Rosy special release which sadly is no longer available.





























































No comments